Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Skull Fracture

My daughter recenty hurt herself. And the other day, we got to go to BC Children's hospital to see a neurosurgeon. That place is really a place of miracles and tremendous work. I don't know how many times I've had to go in, but enough for me to be truly thankful for that place.

Anyways, I finally got to see the cat scan. You could see a distinct skull fracture and the pool of blood that formed on the inside and the outside. And the blood on the outside is what caused her "squishy head." The neurosurgeon was very clear that there was no bruising of the brain. Phew.

A battery of tests were done that day. And at the end of it, the neurosurgeon made it very clear that there should be no contact sports for a month. Yeah, like my daughter ever did contact sports. But she will have to stay away from activities such as throwing a ball, etc. The neurosurgeon also mentioned that he is not expecting to see us again. The body will take care of the blood and fracture and it will take weeks for the "squishy head" to go away.

My daughter was extremely fortunate that she wasn't seriously hurt. It's her noggin. And once again, a big shout out to the staff at BC Children's Hospital.

No comments: