Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Grocery shopping is a weekly activity for me. And this week, I had to go more than once as I was getting ready for my daughter's half birthday. Going once a week is more than enough as I hate the line ups. I really do try to go during non busy hours, but sometimes due to timing, it's not possible.

So, on one of the trips I went to, I got everything in record time and saw that there were no line ups at the registers! Oh wow! It's like winning the lotto. So I scoot to one of the free cashiers and I place my items on the machine. Everything is going tickety boo. I take out my credit card to go and pay. She's getting my receipt...waiting for my recipet...still waiting for my receipt. BOO. I knew it was too good to be true! There was something wrong with the receipt printer.

Yep, paper was stuck. Ok, not a big issue. But I got a newbie cashier that had not encountered the printer issue before. She then picked up the phone to call someone. Yep, I stood there waiting...and waiting...and then the line ups picked up...and of course a ton of people are now behind me with the scowl wondering what the hold up is.

I need a sign that says "not me!" And the sign should point to someone else. Don't get me wrong, I felt bad for the girl because she's flustered and she's new. But I really just wanted to get out of there.

No comments: