Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend

Well, the snow came...and thankfully, it didn't get in the way of my weekend. I'm all for snow...on the mountains. No need for it to be on the road! Anyways, Saturdays are always busy with lessons. Swimming and Mandarin for the kids. And it just takes pretty much the whole day because of the location of activities and the length of them. But I didn't have to miss taking my kids to lessons because of the snow. That's good. Sunday was a fairly busy one. Bit of clean up before we headed off to Toys R Us. One of my kids will be celebrating their birthday soon and she wanted us to take her to the toy store so she could choose her own gift. Fine by me! But we had to build enough time in there so she didn't feel rushed. She chose a number of packs of these toys called Moshlings. Well...she taught us how to look for ultra rare characters even though they were covered and they were supposed to be secret. LOL! The whole family spent 1/2 hour looking for these ultra rares. Whatever. She was happy. Then it was off to Timbuktu...or more like Whonnack. Holy smokes...in the middle of nowhere...but the family had to head out that way to attend a good bye party. This lovely family is moving to Calgary and it was their send off. And I wouldn't have missed it...this family really is lovely. But better yet, their whole extended family is amazing. I got to catch up with all of them and share so many stories. I find it so ironic because I know these people more than my husband does...and he's the one that introduced me to his friend that belongs to this family. So, some tears, lots of laughs, some great fun with the family...all around lovely weekend.

No comments: