Monday, January 30, 2012

Recipes

This weekend, I had some family and friends come over to celebrate one of my kid's birthdays.  Awesome!  It's a chance to catch up, enjoy a special event and have some good food.

I always try to do a dish or two that is different and then have some regular foods at these soirees.  The one recipe that I tried that seemed to be a hit was the homemade bread!  I've been playing around a little with the cooking time and the amount of water for the bread...but I think I've done it where my family likes it and friends too.

LOL!  This one friend just asked for plain butter.  Screw the dip.  But he basically just sat and ate pieces of the bread with butter.  I'm not entirely sure what else he ate that night.  It was awesome.

What I love at these events is a chance to try some new recipes that I've been wanting to try!  I found this AWESOME website called tastykitchen.com and it has some great recipes.  Some of my favourites included the homemade loaves of ciabatta like bread that I made on Saturday, homemade tortillas that my kids cannot get enough of, the coconut loaf, homemade hamburger buns (yes, I don't even bother buying now), and lettuce wraps.  

It's great as I can get the kids to check it out with me and they have a buy in of what types of foods they want to try.  

So, this weekend, I will try finding some new recipes again!  I feel games day coming on...need some new recipes to try out for that crew!

No comments: