Monday, January 9, 2012

Mindfulness

I really believe in being mindful and present. This could be while having a conversation with someone, appreciating a place or just a moment in time. But you can't be mindful all the time. For me, I tend not to be very mindful when I'm listening to music! One of my favourite songs right now is Carly Rae Jepsen's new song called Call Me Maybe. It's a pick up tune, it's fun, it's pop, it's just cute and awesome! So think about me loving this song, singing to it while I'm driving and trying to do a right hand turn. Yes, I'm checking traffic...singing this song...and not noticing the guy's car in the next lane. And I'm totally mouthing the lyrics: Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me, maybe? Yeah. He was lip reading. Yeah. He thought I was talking to him. Because, that's just me...constantly telling guys to call me. Poor guy. I probably frightened him away. Oh well, let's just say I'm glad he couldn't see my embarrassment afterwards!

2 comments:

T said...

I sing along to that song all the time too! LOL! That's hilarious!

T said...

Hilariously BAD, that is...