Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thoughts

I've been feeling rather Oprah-esque the last 2 days.  Probably because I've been wearing my Oprah clothing.  Yes, these were the shirts I bought knowing that they were the wrong size.  But they were such a good deal and the thought of being closer to Oprah made me buy them!  But I was pleasantly suprised when they fit!  Though, I probably should shorten them...but that's easy enough.  For now, I'll just tuck them in.

Anyways, wearing them gave me some moments of thought.  I was thinking about the people in my life and how I'm a real supporter of them.  Doesn't matter how crazy their idea is or what crazy dream they want to puruse.  I love it!  Even better, I would love to help them get there.  Because it's their life and their dream.  If it makes them happy and it's not hurting anybody, then YEAH, I want you to achieve it!  Doesn't matter how big or small.  Helping you achieve your bucket list item?  OMG.  Even better!  I want to be your Oprah supporter!!!

Sometimes I do the wackiest things or enjoy things that nobody cares about...but I don't really care what others think because it's my life, my choices, my activities, my dreams.  These choices/dreams make me happy.   My friends always laugh at me and they tell me I'm crazy but it's in a good way!  They know I can take the "ribbing" and I know they support me in every way because I'm living the life I want rather than trying to follow someone else.

For those that haven't found their own way or their own life and constantly trying to follow others, I really do feel sorry for them.  Sometimes, people just need time to reflect on what it is that they want rather than following or trying to be something that they're not.  Sure, I get that sometimes we try on "different" versions of us as we're trying to figure out where we fit in.  But I think when you're comfortable with who you are, you just naturally attract friends that are right for you.  And you naturally will find choices in front of you that will help you in continuing your journey and finding activities that complement and help you achieve your own happiness.

So, with my pink coloured Oprah shirt on today...remember to live your own and best life.

Ok.  Enough of the deep stuff.  Have to go finish some Words with Friends games!!  Yeah, I know.  Important stuff.

No comments: