Thursday, February 10, 2011

Song

For whatever reason, I've been hearing Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much" on the radio a lot. Don't know...maybe it's considered a moldy oldy song these days and they're playing it over and over. Or maybe the DJs are on strike and they're just replaying the same loop of songs.

Anyway, I'd like to write a little letter to Shania tonight.

Dear Shania,

I really enjoyed your song "That Don't Impress Me Much!" Love the tune, the beat, and it's just a snazzy song.

But then I really listened to the words tonight and I'm not quite sure why you're not impressed by some of these guys? Sure, I agree with you, the guy with the comb in his pocket would be unimpressive. The guy with the car? Well, depending on the car, I might be somewhat impressed.

But you're not impressed with Brad Pitt? I've really taken a liking to him. He's good looking and I've seen enough of his movies that I know he can act. And he's stinking rich to make my dreams come true. He can still have Angelina...I'm ok on the sidelines.

And you're not impressed by the rocket scientist either? Really? I mean, he's a fricken aerospace engineer and probably works for NASA. I love NASA! And I'm totally impressed with that guy. He's got a bloody PHD for God's sakes! He's no dummy! I'd be totally interested in talking about fluid dynamics, aeroelasticity and avionics with him.

So I think you need to revisit this song. Just saying.

xoxo!

Sincerely,

Your loyal fan.

No comments: