Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tears and Messages

Most of the time, when my kids cry, I can deal with it. But sometimes, it really is painful to see. Or as my youngest would say, "you're breaking my heart!"

Last night, I opened my bedroom door at about 9:30 to go the computer room. I just about had a heart attack as my eldest daughter was standing outside the door. I guess I didn't hear her knock.

But when I looked at her closer, I noticed that she had those big, puppy dog eyes...and there were tears just brimming...ready to flow. Oh, I was just so heartbroken to see her so sad and not understanding why.

I asked her what was wrong and why she was crying. I told her that her being sad made momma very sad. She said that she missed me and she wanted me to message her in the morning. Ok, I get the fact that she missed me...but message her? Of course I had to find out what the hell she was talking about.

"Honey, you want me to message you?"

"Yes momma."

"Like e-mail or Instant Messenger?"

"Instant Messenger please."

Talk about a different generation.

I did end up writing a couple of small messages to her for her to see in the morning. But what was fun was that she wrote back.

And so, I guess a new tradition starts with this 1 kid. Hopefully that will just prevent big puppy dog eyes and tears in the near future.

No comments: