Friday, July 3, 2009

Sales People

We recently had a retired co-worker come back to the office to visit. How lovely! I always like seeing retired folks enjoying their after work life. They always look 10 years younger, travelling or doing all the things that they love so much. Fantastic. They've worked for that life...glad they're getting to enjoy it.

So, as I caught up with this retired co-worker, I asked him what he was up to. Still writing his poems? Still gardening? Oh yes, he was doing a lot of things he loved. But he also mentioned that he was helping his son right now with selling health products. Whoa. Alarm bells were ringing in my head!!!

He mentioned that he felt so good and healthy on the inside due to the products, his hair was now growing back. He asked if my husband was losing his hair and if he wanted to take a look at the products he uses. Hmmm...no, not really. He then asked me if I needed fat burner supplements. Hmmm...didn't know if I should have been offended or happy that he was offering to help. Then, he asked if I had friends that were losing their hair so he could go talk to them and try to provide them with great products. Ummm...so you didn't really want to talk to me or your co-workers and you just want to sell them stuff.

Ok, I'm not dissing the products. But I didn't like the sales tactic. You come to the office to peddle your stuff during people's work time? I don't know, that doesn't seem right. Apparently he asked employees on all 3 floors if they were losing their hair because he wanted to offer people products to help them with that. I think that's a bit agressive.

So, he came into the office again the next day to drop off products. I just waved and walked by. I'm happy for the guy, but if I want any of that stuff, I'll call you.

No comments: