Thursday, July 2, 2009

Re-inspired

Well, I took the kids out for a bike ride tonight. Strapped on their helmets, elbow and knee pads and let them ride their little hearts content. I told my older daughter that it was time to take off her training wheels as she needs to learn how to ride on 2 wheels. She was excited but freaked at the same time. I just held her bike and ran with her and then would let go for a short period of time. She had brief moments of actually riding. AWESOME. I know if I kept her training wheels on, she would continue to use them until she was 19...or until some kid mocked her.

My husband came out at some point and helped with the girls too. He also brought out my bike, did what he had to do to get the air into the tires, adjusted the seat...and then he took it for a ride. By the time he came back, I asked for my bike back and went for a ride myself around the block. I was so re-inspired to ride my bike once again. Oh, I had forgotten how great it was to ride on a beautiful night such as this. There was a nice breeze, quiet in the neighbourhood, and just the feeling of moving quickly. Though the one thing that I remembered quickly was the seat...even with my big butt, it's not enough cushioning. But that's just a small inconvenience for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to go again!

No comments: