Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day

Oh Canada...our home and naked land.

Hee hee. Yes, you read that right. My youngest kid was having a difficult time with the first line of the song. She keeps saying naked when it should be native. And apparently, she just thinks this song is the best. We sing this in the car...all the time going home. I eventually had to tell her I needed a break from the song. I'm Canadian, but I don't need to sing it 10 times a day.

This year, we had a mellow day. My eldest daughter's daycare was actually open! So I already paid for the day without thinking about it...thought she might as well go. She ended up going to the Waterslides. Well, the other kid should have some fun too! So she had a chance to go to the beach with me early in the morning. It was really great...found tons of parking, about 5 people on the beach, she found some shells, rode her little trike, waded in water. You get the idea. A fun filled morning at the beach. She then got her favourite lunch, played in the sprinkler, went and got a slurpee with dad...and then just played with us. Fun day for her.

My husband got to sleep in, play video games and chilled. I chilled too in between some chores. My favourite moment was being out on the deck where it was shady, sitting down and putting up my feet while reading a book. Oh, with the breeze and relative quiet while reading was just awesome today.

So, a pretty laid back day. Did I miss celebrating Canada's birthday? Yeah, a bit. But I already think Canada rocks everyday.

No comments: