Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another Weekend

Considering it was a short week of work, wow...it was intense! Lots to do. So I was definitely looking forward to the weekend.

Started off today with a bit of sleeping in. Yes, until 6:40am. Pretty late huh? I woke up to my youngest kid talking. When I finally got my butt out of bed, I realized she was just talking to herself "loudly" while playing on her computer. CHILD. I love you...but momma needs some sleep!

Off to swimming lessons. It's so great that there is a mother and husband there that have 2 kids that we have other activities with. I just adore them because they are so down to earth. Their kids are lovely. And they filled me with such fun news this weekend as they just returned from vacation. So happy for them!

Then I headed off to a friend's house to hang out with her and her kids. As well, we had a mutual friend that also came. I didn't expect to stay as long as I did. But it was such a great afternoon! Catching up with all of them, having the kids play together, minimum tears and those tears were due to accidents not because the kids were fighting. The one friend who hosted had her husband there too...and he was a hoot! Such an easy, peasy afternoon of gabbing. And yes, some good eats in there too.

By the time I came home...an easy dinner, chilled out with everybody. Great day with great weather.

Tomorrow, off to my nephew's birthday party! Another fun filled day. This is the 3rd weekend in a row with my brother in law and sister in law and my nephew!!! Good times...I'm savouring them!

No comments: