Monday, November 1, 2010

Insurance

I know that there are a lot of sales people out there. And this is no diss to them. But sometimes they just have to lay off. If I'm an existing customer, don't try to upsell me every 2 weeks. Don't try to tell me about the latest item especially when I just told you 2 weeks ago that I don't need something new.

Thank goodness my financial planner is smart and actually doesn't bug me. When my plans are coming up and about to expire, he'll call us up to let us know. He'll set up a meeting and provide us with things like term life quotes. We'll examine the information, ask our questions and then make our decision. If we say no, he is so ok with it. He says that he just wants us to at least know about the product and make a good decision for our own lives. Good enough for me.

So, for all those other sales guys that keeps calling me, stop and learn something from my financial planner. Because he gives me the space to make decisions, I stick with him. He gets tons of sales from me and referrals. So it's worth your while to not badger.