Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Good drugs

When women who have kids get together, they share their war stories. I'm talking about birthing, breastfeeding, potty training...all the nasty stuff. But it's what really bonds women together. Yeah, we've got battle scars from these experiences. But we all survive in some way.

One of the battles I had was finding a way to increase breast milk production. Honestly, the wells were dry. The doctor had to give me domperidone to hopefully kickstart my milk production. The way this drug sounded, I thought he was giving me the A OK to have some Dom Perignon champagne. Nope. No such luck. Being drunk would have helped my sanity.

Sometimes some of my single friends ask why I don't tell them these war torn stories. I think I'm partially boring them. Secondly, no need to scare people off from having kids...we need to have some good people out there. But honestly, these are war stories that only other moms/parents understand

No comments: