Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Letter F

Today was a day filled with F words. Actually, let me clarify the previous sentence. It was a day filled with the F word used repeatedly. I used it as a noun, a verb, the subject...yep, every bit of grammar you know.

My poor co-workers. They had to hear me rant and rave using this one word. Their ears were hurting. All of this started because some folks decided to give me some crazy task. But it was such a minute task...in the whole scheme of things and in the world, it really was nothing. But the time and energy to complete this task was more than I could bear.

And part of me was extra annoyed...when thinking about all the things we could be doing in life and for the greater good of this country, I couldn't believe I (as well as 5 other people) had to spend this large amount of time for this task.

So, I went around ranting to those that would listen. And once I got all this crap out of me, I just kept using the F word because it was just fun. I realized how "stupid" all of today was at work and just let it be. I'm ok with all of it now but in the moment, not so much.

Though I do hope that all my co-workers' ears heal from all my swearing today.

No comments: