Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vitamins

Recently, I had lunch with a girlfriend and she told me she was pregnant for the 2nd time! Yah. She looks amazing and she is doing well. But I felt bad for her when she told me about her prenatal vitamins. I think it's the iron content that's probably a tad high for her...but basically, she wants to throw up everytime she takes them.

And of course, because she's done it a couple of times, chances are, her body is just used to not wanting them in her body and as a reaction, she just gags.

Pregnancy and kids is a great thing and I realize it's not for everybody. But sometimes I wonder why pregnant women have to "suffer" so much during their pregnancy! I mean really, toting around a watermelon for a long period of time, not being able to sleep, not being to eat properly, and then having a misshapen body for the rest of your life... and then you can't even eat your supplements without gagging just seems cruel.

No comments: