Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bashing

I have 2 people on my Facebook page that I would consider acquaintances. I used to work with them a number of years ago. They seemed like neat peeople however, I must say, I was somewhat suprised when they said they were getting married!

But off to the wedding I went wishing them the very best. And years later, I went to the baby shower as they introduced their newborn to everybody.

Fast forward a couple more years and things are not so good. In fact, they announced their separation on Facebook with a status change. Well, that's a good way to get news out fast. And things seemed amicable between them.

But now, one side has decided to air out every piece of dirty laundry in the marriage and constantly bashing the other person. We're not talking about light bashing, we are talking about full on stuff. The other person has not eeked out one word about the other ex spouse and has kept their Facebook statuses about their life only.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what happened between the two to bring about this situation. All I know is that there is a time and place for news...and I don't think Facebook statuses for stuff like this is appropriate. But that's social media for you...anything and everything goes. I find that the more I read from the basher, the more upset I get at this person because it's just juvenile and utterly disrespectful to those that are still friends with the other spouse. And really, puts the basher in a terrible light. I'm not saying they have nothing to complain about. And what if the kids are reading all of this crap? Ugh.

It might be time to do another deletion of folks of my Facebook.

No comments: