Monday, August 16, 2010

Block Party 2010

Oh, another year, another block party. This year was a little earlier than usual. And I love going these block parties...but it also lets me know the passage of time. i.e. the summer is coming to an end real fast!

These parties are always a nice reminder that we do have some great neighbours. I get to catch up with people, the kids play on the street and there is always good food and conversation.

Honestly, people's lives are just so uniquely fascinating. I just find my neighbours to lead interesting lives and they have interesting jobs. There is one couple that are performers and they travel around the world. One neighour used to be a spy. One is a cop. One is a stay at home dad. One is a scientist. Totally neat jobs and great stories to go with it.

This year, my husband outlasted me and he stayed out way later than I did. And good...he seems to rarely see our neighbours.

So, to another great block party. Time to enjoy the rest of the summer before it's back to school for the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ditto.