Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Connections

I like connecting with friends and family. But I also love making new connections, you never know where they may lead!

As many of you know, I had made a connection with an author that I absolutely love and adore. I actually got an opportunity to have drinks with her in Vegas. And then when she stopped in town while writing one of her books, she actually gave me a shout and we had dinner together. It was fantastic! And all of this took place because of 1 e-mail.

I recently made a connection with another author again through e-mail. This author had written her first book and I thought it was just such an amazing read! Oh, I can't gush enough about it. So I wrote her and told her about it. And I also started reading her blog and it's amazing. She lives in Paris and since I've been there, I can picture what she's explaining and I've been to some places she's blogging about.

Honestly, I don't expect responses from authors because they get a ton of fan mail. But I was so delighted that I received a personalized e-mail from her. I know for most folks, this is on the "stupid" end of things to do. But I just love this kind of stuff! And really, what if I got to meet her too?! I would love to go to Paris to meet her! And so up my alley of things to do.

So, another item to add to the bucket list rather than tick off. Can't wait to finally tick it off!

No comments: