Friday, December 14, 2012

Telemarketers

Most telemarketers are totally harmless.  But lately, there have been people calling saying that there is something wrong with my computer, it's been infected by a virus and it's IT folks claling to do a Windows cleanup .

I didn't fall for it because I did hear about others who had fallen victim to this crime (basically they get charged $200 on their credit card for a service that never happens).  That's a good chunk of money to part with. 

Instead, I just lead them on.  I make all these sounds like I'm very worried/scared about the whole situation.  Then I start asking them if they can specify what virus I've been infected with or from what site.  They can never tell me.  

Then after I've had my fun and games, I tell him my husband is a techie and I know they're a fraud.  Click!  

Well, if these types of nasty telemarketers are going to waste my time, I'm going to waste theirs. 

No comments: