Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cleaning

I was downstairs tonight looking for something.  Then I noticed a box that I didn't recognize.  Thought I'd open it to see what was there.  

I found some old textbooks, knick knacks and a trophy.  I had a good laugh as it was a trophy that I got in grade 7.  No, not a special trophy for winning an event or doing well at school.  It was a gift from my friend's mom.  

The trophy was for my grade 7 graduation.  She thought by giving me a trophy, I would be motivated to do well.  Hmmmm.  Now that I'm older, I wonder if she thought I was a little dull or not "the brightest star in the sky?"  But she must have spent some good money on it as it was a pinewood derby trophy.  

Not sure what to do with it as it doesn't hold much memory for me.  Can't sell it in a garage sale.      Can't give it to my kid's as it has my name on it.  

Oooo.  Maybe it can join hula doll on the next trip.  

No comments: