Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Cards

This year, I opted for smaller Christmas cards.  Nothing too fancy.  But definitely smaller.  

So, I wrote out all my cards.   As many were being mailed, made sure I had everybody's addresses on them properly.  I was happy that I had them all done, ready to be sent out.  I had some packages too, so I thought I'd send all the mail and packages at once.

Imagine my surprise when I showed them my stack of letters to be sent out and the said I didn't have enough postage.  I had those special stamps that had a P on it which should have allowed me to send my mail regardless of what the postage cost was.  

The issue was the size of my card.  It was considered too small.  In order for the post office to deal with those cards, they needed close to triple to postage.  Are you kidding me?  It's smaller, not tiny.  They're smaller, but not atom sized.  They're smaller, not so small you can't hold it.  

I was choked...all that time for nothing.  But then, I'm not going to rip off the stamps and buy new cards.  I'm going to a mailbox tomorrow and just dumping them all in.  I've already warned people they may not get their cards.  But here's hoping that they do!

No comments: