Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Last Day!



Oh, last day in Hawaii!  We didn’t have to make it to the airport until about 9:00pm.  We had all day to do whatever. 

My hubby and his dad went off to some flight museum.  They suggested the whole family go.  Nope.  Nipped that one right away.  They read every story and awed at every plane.  My girls would have been bored…they’re not ready for that type of detail.
So, the remaining 7 of us decided to do some shopping and exploring together.  But to make a short story short, for whatever reason, we all got separated.  So I took off with my 2 kids to do our own thing.  

First stop, International Village.  We had been here numerous times, but it was time to actually buy something.  The girls wanted to buy their souvenirs as did I.   My favourite buy is my hibiscus ring!  

Next, time for some eats!  We were hungry.  Thought I’d treat us all to the Hard Rock Café.  Just so happened that there was a fundraiser with fully dressed Marines there.  I got some good eye candy.  There happened to be a live band playing…and Santa even showed up.  Kids had a great time! 



And I somehow got bamboozled to go to Teddy Bear World.  Yep.  Museum about Teddy Bears and Teddy Bears in different worlds.  Let’s just say this museum was SO busy that I probably saw 7 people…during the 1.5 hours that I was there.  Yeah.   It’s that popular of a museum.  We were probably done in 35 minutes, but I made the kids go through…twice.  Might as well get my money’s worth.






Last stop…one more trip to the beach.  We just all walked in our bare feet to feel the sand and water one last time.  I could have stayed there all night.  I could tell the girls didn’t want to go.  I didn’t blame them.  

So, one last treat before we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and to leave.   Some shaved ice for the kidlets!  Nice way to end off the trip.  



I would love to go back again.  Hopefully it won’t take me 15 years!   Or maybe even a new island...tropical is good!  


But I think one of the neatest things that my girls learned on this trip is that the world is a big place and it's theirs to explore.   Already they have the travel bug and the love of new adventures.   


So yay for all of us for having a good trip.  I'm grateful to have gone again and shared my adventures with my family.   


Until the next time!





No comments: