Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 4


Oh, another beautiful sunset to greet us this morning.


We all thought today was a good day to go to the beach early and then have everybody else meet us at the beach.  This would give the in-laws a chance to sleep in and chance for my sister and brother in law and nephew a chance to just chill.  

We got to the beach at about 8:30am.  YES.  Nice and early.  




And there were some awesome waves.  You got it…time to catch some waves while surfing!  The price was really good so I opted for a private lesson.  Figured I might as well get a lesson again as it had been a while since I’ve surfed.  This guy was hilarious.  Total beach bum but he knew what he was doing.  He had some typical questions…”where are you from, what nationality.”  He has some interesting thoughts on Canada.  And apparently he thought I was from Nunavut.  Guess I should have brought my fur lined parka with me.  

Anyways, the surfing rocked BIG time.  Caught some great waves and stood quite a bit.  I actually felt like I was surfing.  And I’ve vowed that from now on, each place where I can catch a wave, I will endevour to do so.  

After my lesson, time for the hubby and kids to just snorkel and have a great time.  I sat on the beach and eventually the rest of the family showed up.  We chilled a little longer with everybody and decided that we were going to split up.  The guys were all going to Pearl Harbour and the girls were all going shopping. 


We just took it easy and wandered all over.  We stopped off at the beach again as it looked like it was going to be a fantastic sunset.  And that it was.












No comments: