Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 2

Wow.  Everybody was on Pacific time.  The 3 kids were up by 5:40 Hawaiian time which is really 7:40am pacific.  Ummm....remember we didn't get in until midnight??

The 6 of us knew today would be a "get grounded day."  I went out to get breakfast for all of us.  Some of us were starving, some were still sleeping.  Figured I was going to eat to avoid anger from low blood sugar and snapping at someone!

I also went to the Food pantry across the street to get groceries and snacks.  This store was a complete lifesaver as Hawaii is not cheap and being able o buy snacks and groceries and store them in the fridge in the hotel room made a huge financial savings.  Though, it was quite amusing to see some of the prices for items totally jacked up.   Close to $10 for a gallon of milk? Close to $8 for bagels?  Yeah.  Totally jacked up.  But soon as you went to another brand, they were decent prices.





And I spotted spam sushi.  Had to try it.  Let's say that I tried it and I'm good at that.  




We had access to a free trolley to get around town which was a great perk.  All 7 of us decided we would take it, get the lay of the land and stop off in a couple of places.   Went down the strip and took a shopping break at Ala Moana mall.   Woo hoo!  Disney store was there.  I got myself a Disney Christmas ornament.  Stitch in an Elvis suit.  And it’s perfect because every ornament on my trip has a story.  This ornament will remind me of my time in Hawaii!  My husband was in shopping heaven.  I actually took a break and hung out with the kids.  They had these huge pools of koi there.  Holy smokes.  Some were at least 20 pounds.   We must have watched these kois for 45 minutes.   But they kids were loving it. 


These ones were the small koi and you really can't understand the size of these things in this picture.  


On the remainder of the trolley tour, we decided we would get off early to stop off at the beach.  This is the first time my kids have seen a tropical beach and they were thrilled!!  Blue water, warm, clear and just awesome sand.  They wanted to hop right in.  But it was getting late and the sun was going to set soon.  




So we opted to get them a shaved ice.  Wow.  They were in heaven!  And look at the size of these things!  They were like the size of my head!





And just like that, the day was over.  Everybody was extremely pooped, but it was a great day!

No comments: