Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 6

Hanauma Bay…finally!  Here we come!   We finally had time to go.   But we were smart about it this time.  We woke up extra early to make sure that we caught the very first bus that went to this beach.  I remember my first trip there and it was so amazing…wanted to share the same experience with my kids! 

For such a popular destination, they only have 1 bus every hour that runs to this place.  Craziness.   But we figured out the bus schedule and definitely caught the first one out there.  Phew!!

The kids were stunned at the initial view and it’s exactly how I remembered it from years ago.  Amazing how in minutes the weather would change.  But the view was still stunning.  




I haven’t developed the underwater camera pictures…but there were definitely some cool fish down there.  I was surprised at the size of some of them!   There were quite a few that were longer than the length of my forearm!    


In between snorkelling, we all chilled on the beach.  Definitely played in the sand!!  







We were rained out by a tropical storm as the rain was warm…and I was already wet!!!  I would have stayed but my youngest was getting very cold.   Her lips were turning blue.  Yeesh.  So, even though it wasn’t quite the day we wanted at Hanauma Bay, we could say that we went.  And seriously, swimming with fish is just so cool...how can that be bad?







No comments: