Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Work

Tomorrow, I'm heading back to work. I've been off for the last 3 days as I've had bronchitis. The drugs are good but they also have whacked the life out of me. The antibiotics are doing its thing. And codeine...well, let's just say sleeping with that stuff is pretty awesome.

But I'm going to head back to work tomorrow as I'm sure there is a lot to catch up on...especially with 3 days of unexpected leave. Part of me is happy about it because that means I'm feeling better and getting back to real life. The other half of me is dreading it as I feel that my time in this particular work place is coming to an end. For many reasons, I think it's time to leave. I love the work but wish I could take it to another department. But my one kid is preventing me from going as her daycare is just down the block. Thinking of switching her to a new daycare and thinking of even possibly getting into a new daycare is too much.

So I will stick it through for another year and a bit. I'm sure it will go by fast. But it goes to show you that no matter how good a workplace is, there are issues with the system and the people in the system. But I've been with this one department for over 6 years now. That's a long time for my generation. Something about switching careers 5 to 7 times in a lifetime? Guess it's time for the next career.

No comments: