Monday, April 5, 2010

Money

I must say, I'm good at spending money. I think I'm a rich person living in a middle class body. I love shopping, buying the newest gadgets and just playing. But it's just not feasible with kids, a mortgage, and all that goes along with that type of life. I feel fortunate to have the life that I have, but I wouldn't mind being able to spend MORE money. It's just fun! But fortunately, I've got some common sense and can delay some gratification.

However, I have a friend that can not delay this type of gratification. In fact, even 10 years ago, this person had accumulated over $50,000 on debt and lived at home. Tell me, how in the world someone living at home can be in THAT much debt? Honestly, I went to see this person's room and he had stuff but nothing that I could see that would add up to $50,000. It just makes me sad that before this person's life really starts, this person is already up to his eyeballs in debt. I've metnioned credit repair services or even debt consolidation to assist. But it's the person's choice and they can do whatever they want with that info. However, the quicker they get out of debt, the better.

Until then, it's window shopping for me.

No comments: