Wednesday, April 14, 2010

School

Recently, I bumped into someone that I had worked with about 10 years ago. At that time, she was working as a receptionist at the office, but had some REAL anger issues. Her skills were ok, but not up to par. Suddenly, out of nowhere, her sister decided that she didn't want her daughter anymore. And then my friend was "stuck" taking care of this neice of hers.

However, the worst part was that she was also let go from work because of her anger issues. I really felt terrible for her and I was quite worried how her life would turn out, especially with a little girl she now had to take care of.

Well fast forward 10 years...she basically put herself through some medical assistant training school, at the same time taking care of this child, as a single parent. Hey, that's no easy feat. And now she's working at some medical office and making some really good money. I have no idea how difficult this last couple of years has been for her. But wow, I was really proud of her, really happy for her, and just thankful for her and the little girl that everything turned out ok.

No comments: