Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Home Insurance

I had to go renew my car insurance and everytime I go into this place, they ask if I want to also renew my home insurance with them. And everytime I say no, except I thought, well, why not get a quote and see if it makes any difference at all.

So, I went ahead and asked for the quote. The first quote they gave me was over $300 higher than what I've paid. So I said no. Then they asked me what company I was with. So I told them and they said they'd get back to me.

When they called me back, they said that I was getting all the right price deductions and they could offer the same cost to me if I switched over. Ok, they're going to get me to waste a bunch of time to go to them for my home insurance and it's not going to even be cheaper? Their logic was that they were closer. Well, everything I do is over the phone with my insurance company and I don't have to go anywhere.

So really, if you're going to try to "tempt" a person to go to your company for a particular service, make sure you have something worth offering.

No comments: