Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Afternoon Shows

So, yesterday, while at home, sick with bronchitis (joy!), I decided to watch Dr. Oz. There wasn't anything else in the 3pm slot that I wanted to watch. Best of the worst I suppose.

On the episode, Dr. Oz was talking about diet pills and supplements in general...are you really getting what you pay for? What was really scary was that half of those items tested were either not digestable, only had 2.7% of the active ingredient of what a person was buying, contained a number of different items that were not even listed.

Now don't get me wrong. I have no problem with people buying items like this from repuatable sources. But buying these items online, not having these items FDA approved, etc., makes me very antsy about putting those items in my mouth.

Sometimes I think we're over regulated...but in matters like this, over regulation is not a bad thing.

No comments: