Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dentist

I love my dentist. She's great! She always remembers me, always sweet and laughs at my stinking jokes. However, I didn't like her too much on Friday. I can't remember how many weeks ago, but I cracked my tooth while eating lunch. A filling was put in, but because it was so close to the nerve, the ideal fix was to actually get a crown.

Well, for those that have one already, wow...thank you for not telling me how terrible the experience is. I should say that I hated my hygenist that day too. I should have known it was going to be painful. I believe in signs. So, when the hygenist started to open my mouth and stuff some weird casting stuff in my mouth, I told her she had the wrong side. She basically didn't believe me. HELLO?!! I'm the one that broke my tooth. I have a bad memory, but I honestly do remember which side!

Anyways, I guess my dentist had to get rid of the filling and then patch the crown on top. Man, pain was the key word for the day. She was giving it. I guess I looked pretty bad...when I went to the front desk to pay for my "experience," she looked at me and said, "that bad eh?" Yep.

However, I did find it humourous when the dentist told me to use some toothpaste on the underside of my crown and then stick it back on my tooth if it ever fell out. Spackle and paste for the modern tooth.

No comments: