Monday, May 30, 2011

Yumminess

The other day, I had to go to proctoring training. For training, it isn't bad at all. But it's hard at the end of the work day. So I always try to find a good place to eat before hand. This time, my girlfriend was doing the training too so we got to meet up, chill, eat and catch up.

We were supposed to go to Meat and Bread. I was saddened to see that they closed at 5. Looks like a fun place to eat! And the porchetta sandwich looked divine. Look being the key word. I'll have to head down there another time. Yeah, I know I've got some peeps to accompany me if I need them to.

So instead, we ended up at Brioche. Never been there. I have to admit that it looked a bit on the deli side. Anyway, my friend always wanted to go there, so why not?!

I was a little overwhelmed with the menu items. I ended up ordering something I'd never had before. The cioppino with a side greek salad. Let me start with the greek salad. The olive oil they used was excellent quality. I could actually taste the difference. The salad had the usual cucumber, tomatoes and feta. But it also had olives, strawberries and blueberries. There was also some type of dressing. I had my doubts. But it was lovely! Of course, I forgot to take a picture.

Next up was the cioppino. Basically, seafood stew. I stirred up the pot that I was given and I was delighted at the amount of seafood in this stew. They did not chimp, hence the hefty price! But it was definitely worth it. There was such a nice variety too! Squid, octopus, clams, 2 different types of mussels, scallops, and some other stuff I don't think I actually recognized. The broth was so flavourful! Not fishy at all. The spices added to the tastiness of it.

Though I may not go to Brioche again...I would definitely try the cioppino someplace else. Just divine!

No comments: