Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Saving

On the weekend, I went to a birthday party for a little 1 year old. CUTE as can be! And I remember when she was just born...and here she is waddling away, kissing everybody and trashing wrapping paper. I loved it!

And while I was there, I had to chat with folks. I knew about 4 people out of the crew. Everybody else was unknown to me. Didn't matter...I just chatted away. One of the people I chatted with was a 12 year old girl. She is actually the daughter of one of my daycare workers.

I was asking her what she was going to do in the summer considering it is right around the corner! She mentioned some work that she was going to do. And of course I was curious what she was going to spend it on. She wants one of those custom laptops because she's "very picky with what she spends her money on and what she likes in computers."

She told me how much she saved up already and what her plan was to get the rest of the money. Well. I'm impressed! Well done my little tween.

Maybe to help her in her goal, I'm going to hire her to do some work for me. Heck, the weeding in the back won't get done by itself.

No comments: