Monday, May 2, 2011

Names

I seem to be pretty good at remembering people and their names. Oh, but sometimes, I'm terrible at it. I'm good when I do the "repeat the person's name 3 times" in a very short period of time. i.e. intro, middle and goodbye. But some people are so interesting throughout the conversation that I forget to do this...therefore a 99% chance that I'll forget their name!!! EEEK!

I just wish there was some mandatory social norm that when you attend parties, you have to wear name tags. Even if you know people there. It helps those that are new to the party, or to a group of friends or a new family. Seriously. It must have taken me 2 years to remember the names on my husband's side of the family. So many!

However, I will try my best to continue to invoke the "say the name 3 times" rule. Because I know I hate it when people get my name wrong.

No comments: