Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Travel Bound

For those that know me, you know I love travelling. And this year, I will be going on 3 trips...maybe a 4th. Two down already. I'm very happy as I haven't travelled much in the last bit.

So, one night, my husband and I were talking about our 40th birthday in a couple of years. What did we want to do? Him and his buddies decided they are going to go on a big Vegas trip as the whole bunch of them are going to turn 40 around the same time. I sense the Hangover 3 coming up. Just don't lose a tooth and come home safely.

But he also wanted to do something with me. And we thought about it and I think we might just do it...go back to Bali where we had our honeymoon. We have always wanted to return and was hoping to return at the 10 year mark. Well, that has come and gone. The thought of it makes me very happy as there was so much to love there. And gosh, I can totally stay at a 4-5 star hotel and not even have to really worry about the cost. LOVE IT!

Now, it seems odd to say what I'm going to say next...but it does relate to travelling and my 40th.

The other day, I found out that I will not be heading to London for the 2012 Olympics. I'm sure this brings K much joy as I won't be yapping around the office about this. I must admit that I had big hopes for this and was disappointed about the news. However, I knew it was a real possibility and understand the company's perspective.

And literally, 3 hours after I got the news, I got a text from a gf who needed to tell me something. So I called her back and she told me what she wanted to tell me. The next thing I know, she's telling me about her 40th birthday and conversations she's had about travelling. She mentioned that in terms of her close knit best friends, I was definitely one of them. And I know her other best friends and we often meet up together for dinners just to catch up. They're my set of low maintenance friends. And she thought, how fun it would be for all of us, who will be turning 40 close together to actually celebrate our 40 or close to 40 birthdays together by going to Europe!

YEAH! The adventures, the laughs and the memories!

That whole saying of "when a door closes, another one opens." I'm impressed the universe held out on me for just 3 hours.

So I'm hoping that all things go well and in less than 3 years, I'll get a chance to go to both places for my 40th. I'm so stoked!!!

But K and T, you realize you're not off the hook and we will have to continue our tradition of roadtrips now.....

No comments: