Monday, September 27, 2010

Travelling

Anytime any of my friends or family goes travelling, I hope that there will not be a travel emergency. And that's why I always encourage people to buy some type of travel insurance as you never know what can happen.

My dad is really good about buying travel insurance because he never wants to burden me with expenses. (THANKS DAD!) But it was just an odd conversation last time he went on a trip and gave me the details of his insurance.

"Ok Alice, in the event that I die out there, no need to ship my body back. It's much too expensive."

"Ok Dad. Whatever you want."

"But remember, don't get me cremated. You know how I'm scared of fire."

"Ok Dad. Whatever you want."

But a couple of days later when he got clarification about his insurance, he called me back and changed his tune.

"Ok, if I die out there, no problem. My insurance will pay for the shipping of my body back to Canada. See?" He had the insurance agent highlight the section.

I hope for my dad's sake and the insurance company, my dad never has to collect.

No comments: