Thursday, September 16, 2010

Little Kindness

I am very selective about the friends that I have around me. I know that sounds elitist and plain old mean. But it's true. And there are a number of reasons why this is the case. One of the reasons is that I only choose friends that can support me in a positive way.

Tonight was a prime example. It was a long day and honestly, it's just been a long haul mentally lately with everything going on. As much as I like cooking, sometimes dinner can be a real chore. I wasn't particularly wanting to cook and I didn't want to spend a bunch of bucks on food.

And lo and behold, when I got home and went to go check my mail, there was a big bag on my front porch. I looked inside and it was filled with food! I went inside the house and I couldn't find a note anywhere. I was so thankful that I wanted to cry. It was pretty much food that was made up that I could serve in a jiffy. No muss, no fuss. Finally, I found out who it was as they left a Facebook message. LOL!

It probably wouldn't have taken me that long tonight to cook a meal. But really, this gift of time and gift of nourishment came on a really good day. This gift of time actually gave me extra time to read and cuddle my kids, clean up a couple of things that I've been meaning to do, and just a couple of extra minutes of time to myself. OMG. So awesome.

So thank you to my lovely friend tonight. You filled my "bucket" tonight. And to all my other lovely friends that continue to surround me and support me in ways that only you can, thank you. It's really people like you that make this world such a better place.

No comments: