Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Public Service Announcement

I've blogged about this before. But I felt the dire need to do it again today. The topic is mercy flushes.

Seriously, I walked into that work washroom today into a cloud of "you know what smell." I know we all do it and sometimes you just have to go at work. Fine, go because I don't need you exploding. But if you're going to do a number 2, then flush in between. Really, I don't care if you flush 5 times while I'm in there. I know what you're doing. But I'd rather know what you're doing than smell it.

To me, this is being kind to your co-workers. No one needs to half faint as they are walking out of that washroom.

On a segue, I'm all for people telling me stuff. But there is a thing called too much information, or TMI. Today, I had a co-worker talk to me about their bowel movements, their colitis and their irritable bowel syndrome. It's one thing to tell me about it, but to tell me about every little rumble, every "place" you have to go, and other nasty details? I realize I'm not the only one in the office that is hearing all this stuff. But honestly, TMI. And if I could mercy flush the conversation, I would.

No comments: