Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bluntness

Many years ago, my husband who was my boyfriend at the time, came to my dad's place for dinner. And my dad's friend was also having dinner with us.

All of us had a really great time just chatting and getting to know each other. It was great because she actually spoke English too which made it so much easier for my husband. So I thought they really got along.

But out of nowhere, and remember, this woman just met my boyfriend for the first time...she blurts out, "You know, you can get hair replacements." Ummm. Ok, maybe my husband has a receding hair line. But OMG, really? Did you want to mention one of those best hair loss product lines for him too? Let's just say, my husband took it real well. But I can not believe that she just blurted it out as if she was saying the weather was nice. I'm all for directness, but that type of bluntness somewhat scares me.

I'm sure it's been 10 years ago...but still, the incident was like it was yesterday.

No comments: