Monday, March 22, 2010

Work

I was having lunch with someone today and they were telling me their current daycare nightmare. Basically, they can't find anything for their little one. And the husband basically isn't working but is looking for employment.

Wow. That's a tough one. Because with one person out of work, basically the other person's paycheque is paying for everything else...and the cost of daycare these days, well, that's a whole cheque, if not more.

I'm not quite sure how she is going to find daycare either. I put one of my kids on a number of wait lists...and I had 2 centres that called me back...just to find out if I'm still interested.

Since my time of looking for daycare, apparently many of the daycares now are asking people to pay an annual fee to just to keep their name on a waitlist. OMG. That is insane. It's only been a small number of years since I've had to look and secure daycare. Let's just say, I feel terrible for this co-worker and I hope she finds something soon. Talk about a STRESS inducing situation!

Ugh. No drama for me please.

No comments: