Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back to Work

Well, it's obvious not much has changed at work. I know I've been gone a month and hoped for a miracle. But so much for wishful thinking.

Some folks are still crazy. Some demands are just stupid. Some are just as negative. And some rules, just don't make sense.

And now that my eyes have been opened to the "other" side, the other side does seem appealing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my government job because let's be honest, it's not financially sound in the long run and security is not something you can buy these days.

But the thought of getting things done because of rules that make sense, the thought of being able to think outside the box and being rewarded for it is very appealing. I hope to bring some of that experience back into my office. But already, there seems to be resistance to that. And it's a shame. I don't feel bad because they're not accepting my own personal ideas, but it's the fact that sometimes new ideas are just thrown aside because it's easy to and rules allow us to.

Ideas from me may not generate the answer to anything. But it can be the spark that leads someone to think of a great idea. And isn't that worth exploring?

I just think I'm extra sensitive to the negativity at the workplace and to the things I dislike about my environment. Don't get me wrong, it's really not that bad compared to some places I've worked. But gosh, being positive most of the time and being shot down almost all the time seems like a lot of wasted energy some days.

No comments: