Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Alarms

My office is just about finished their renovation. It's been weeks. And I can't even keep track of all the renos. However, it's taken much too long...but I am thankful that our kitchen finally has a sink...that works...and I don't have to read another update about it.

But the one thing that they goofed up on, at least for a day was to keep the alarm chime on. OMG. Do you know how many times the doors open in the office. And it would just keep chiming.

I guess I muttered under my breath about this chiming and my co-worker next to me mentioned that this chiming was nothing. I thought she was on crack. She said that the way her system is set up at home, when you have the chime on, that means everytime you open the door, you hear the alarm chiming as if you were setting it on and there's a male voice that blurts out "FRONT DOOR OPEN." And apparently it's not quiet. She says she sticks with her system because it's a heck of a lot cheaper than other home security systems around. Hmmmm. I don't think hearing all that noise is worth it!

No comments: