Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Medical System

Recently, there's been a ton of debate down in the states about the medical system. Medicare supplement, insurance, privatization...etc. Comparisons even between the European and Canadian systems.

I hate that they say that the Canadian system is terrible and will murder thousands if not millions of citizens because they won't be served. Yes, I agree that our system must improve in some way. However, I'm truly thankful for the medical services that my family receives. I pay premiums and I may have to wait for some services...but for those that need services immediately, they get it. At least that is what my experience has been. Regardless, I can afford medical care in this country where I'm not sure if I could if I were in the states today. To me, it's terrible to think that I couldn't afford to bring my child in because they were sick. I'm glad I never have to make a choice of whether or not they'll have to see a doctor.

No comments: