Friday, April 17, 2009

Goodbyes

Well, today was the last day, or at least the 2nd to last day for my co-worker. She's heading off to another job that is just perfect for her. However, part of me is extremely sad that she's going. It's so rare that you find a co-worker that you work so well with. She really is my ying to my yang. She had strengths where I was weak on. She is insanely smart, funny, kind and truly generious in terms of knowledge, spirit and love. And that's just a small snippet of her many good qualities.

Being able to work with someone is one thing. But being able to work with someone and truly have them as a close friend is rare. I will miss her presence but I know that there really isn't a goodbye in there. In fact, she came in today, and I was saying things like:

"Go already, I have a lunch date and I can't be late."
"You're coming back on Monday? Isn't this your last day?"

What kind of half assed goodbye is that to an amazing friend? But I guess I just know that she'll always be in my life and I didn't worry about saying some sob filled goodbye. It wouldn't be what she wanted.

But with my sadness comes great happiness and joy for this person. In my heart, I know she will do amazingly well in her new position and I wish her the very best on her new endevours. Now, if I could get some of the people that I don't like as much at work to go...then maybe the world would be balanced....one can wish.

No comments: