Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's

So, this year's April Fool's wasn't so fun. Usually the jokes are lame, but they're fun. And since it's my birthday, it's a day for me to just chill.

The day started off with my husband telling me that the car windows were down on the VW. And since it fricken poured the night before, everything was soaking wet. And I went through the night before in my head to figure out where and when I would have forgotten to roll up the windows.

So, off I went to get a crapload of towels to at least soak up some of the water. The less the better...and maybe to ward off some mold. When I looked through the car, I knew right away that it had been broken into. The thief did something last night to the car so the windows just rolled down rather than trying to break the windows (too much noise!). I looked at the centre arm rest and everything had been taken out and scattered through the car. Nothing valuable in there.

Then I saw the glove compartment. He had tried opening it, but I had locked it the night before. So he (I'm assuming it's a he) broke the whole lock component on it. Then he tried to jimmy it from the side. He couldn't get into that either.

None of the locking mechanisms work. And these are just things I'm finding out now. I talked to the ICBC agent and he asked me to look for a couple more things so I have a feeling there is more wrong with the car.

So for all his efforts and frustration, he got nothing. I have the "honour" of having to deal with all of this and probably have to take time off work. Because of his own jollies, need for drugs, whatever the case, he gets off scott free and I deal with it all.

The worst part is that we were getting ready to sell it. So, after it does get fixed, will it even be sell-able? Too bad there are no crystal balls...because if I saw this coming, I would have taken my losses and did a trade in.

I tried to enjoy the rest of the day as I had a massage booked. And though the massage was good, the tone of the day was already set.

Maybe next year will be a funnier April's Fool Day or I'm going to have to change my birthdate.

No comments: