Sunday, April 19, 2009

Decorations

We recently had a baby shower at our office for one of our co-workers. Thank goodness he's green as can be because we had minimal decorations for baby shower. Literally, it was a baby shower sign and a streamer.

Now I'm not dissing the decorations. I just think that people that do the party planning for the office (and I'm including myself in this pool), it's a thankless job. There is only so much extra money that I want to pull out each time to cover certain costs. And believe me when I say I consistenly have to pull out extra money.

It annoys me to no end that others won't pick up the slack. I'm not asking individuals to plan the party if they don't like that stuff. But help out in other ways. Some choose to make cards for the special occasion, some help set up or clean up. And I know which ones those folks are. But for the others, they don't bother or think it's below them. Well, these individuals get to enjoy the benefits of others doing all the work. I think it's only fair that they get their butt in gear and help. These folks get no high fives from me.

No comments: