Sunday, April 12, 2009

Diet

I recently went to the doctor's for an annual check up. Not pleasant, but it's a must. If anything, I need to know that I'll be around for my kids.

As usual, I get there just a tad before my appointment and I sit there for 40 minutes waiting. At least they got some new magazines this time around.

For some reason, my doctor has a ton of student doctors learning from him. I think that's great, but that also means that I get all these doctors too. This last student doctor I got was really nice, but I honestly couldn't take him seriously. He had the raccoon eyes from his ski goggles. You know, the part that was covered by the goggles was his regular skin colour, and the rest of him was totally lobster red coloured.

So he took my blood pressure and it was stinking high. As he's telling me this, I'm thinking...maybe if you guys didn't get me to wait 40 minutes each time I came, I'd be in a better mood.

When my regular doctor came in, he asked if I was exercising. And I was so happy that I could tell him that I was. 5 days a week and my husband can vouch for me. So, what does he tell me? "You need to exercise all 7 days. On the days weren't excerising, I need you to walk at least 1 hour and 15 minutes." Holy crap. Who the hell has that much free time to walk on top of everything else?

So, I'm back to my tracking of calories, water, exercise and bp everyday. No appetite suppressants. No fad diet. Just doing the right thing...less calories in, more calories out, minimum salt, and minimal going out for lunches. And yes, I'm even exercising...every fricken day.

My doctor better tell me my bp is better next time or I'll throw one of my dumbells at him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Korean BBQ restaurant will miss us! Just think how much money they will save on bean sprouts!

JD

Cheryl Anne said...

WHAT!?! 7 days a week!?!?

That's crazy...you are doing awesome already! I can't believe!

Where does this put me! My health is totally going down the crapper compared to you!

I guess I start tomorrow...for real this time!

Peachy said...

Please Cheryl. If I looked as good as you, I wouldn't have to work out 7 days a week!!

Yes, the Korean restaurant will probably go out of business without me. But, I can't support all businesses. =)