Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm a Cow.

No, really. I can be a plain old b#%$h sometimes.

I was at IKEA today. And if you can believe it, the wait to get into the playroom was an hour long. However, I had time to kill considering I had to wait for my husband to get off of work. We were all going to carpool over to see my daughter's graduation from her old daycare.

While waiting, I had both of my kids in the kids room area. Where you can pick bed sets, sheets, lights, anything remotely for a kid's room. As I was standing there watching my 2 kids, I saw that there were 3 other kids playing there too. The mom was standing nearby watching her 3 young ones.

Out of no where, she starts speaking to me. The I realize that it's a girl I went to high school with. She says, did you go to "insert name of high school here." And yes, I did. So I told her so. And then I proceeded to call her by her first name which I know shocked the hell out of her. I didn't even have to think about who she was. She was actually one of the nicer ones but I never felt totally at ease with her. She was in my "group" for a lack of a better word. Honestly, I don't want to relive my high school days.

So, we talked about our kids, where we live, etc. Then I asked if she kept in touch with anybody from high school...and I know she does thanks to Facebook. Regardless, I told her I didn't bother and didn't feel the need to. And I also told her that I changed my name so nobody could actually look me up unless they knew my last name.

She proceeded in saying that once you get an invite from one high school bud, you'll get more. Ok. Yeah, the thing is, I don't want to add any high school buds. But I think she was trying to get me to say my name so she could add me or at least tell all her high school buds she bumped into me.

The point is, I could have told her my first AND last name so that if she wanted to look me up, she could. But I didn't bother telling her either. I'm hoping not to hear from her...especially through Facebook.

The past is the past. Let's just leave it that way.

No comments: