Monday, August 25, 2008

Friday

Friday was my last day before I went on holidays. And the last week has been very productive. By the time I left, I finished all my work. Like, all my work. I submitted my outstanding fricken reports. I'm sure they will be torn apart when I return. But nobody can say that I didn't submit them. Every outstanding request...completed. I love going on holidays when that happens!!! That means you're not having to worry about anything before you head out.

And that Friday evening, I couldn't have given a crap about anything. On Saturday, I was SO zen. The house was a mess...I didn't care. In fact, I so didn't care that I actually took a nap halfway through the day. The only chore that I really worried about was getting groceries as we were out. Other than that, it was hanging with the kids and getting ready for the annual block party on our block. And every year, it ceases to disappoint.

It's always nice to see neighbours you haven't seen in a long while. And always nice to meet some new ones. I get to see other kids growing. And as mine get older, that means I get a little more time to mingle. The potluck is always great!! Lots of diversity and always way too much. The highligh is always the concert. And this year, we had an extra special treat. We had a guy that was recording at one of the basement suites...one of our neighbours are singers/london play folks. And this guy that was recording happened to be one of the guys that plays with Elton John!! He was awesome!!! Lots of dancing.

The party ended somewhat abruptly due to some rude guests...i.e. the mosquitoes. OMG. It's been a while since I've been bitten like this. Of course, the rest of the family got bitten too. We finally left. But we're looking forward again to next year.

If all holidays could be so zen.

No comments: